Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Description of Services
Souperstar provides registered members with access to purchase products online, as well as other services that may be introduced from time to time. Access to the Site may involve third-party fees (such as Internet service provider or airtime charges). In addition, you must provide and be responsible for all equipment necessary to access the Site.
Provision of Services
You are eligible to use the services offered by us only if you satisfy the following:
- You agree to abide by and comply with the T&C at all times
- You have provided all information we require in connection with your registration, and that this information is accurate, complete and current.
- You promptly maintain and update said information to as to ensure its accuracy at all times
- You agree that the use of our services and your registration with us shall be conditional at all times on your complying and observing these T&C.
- Souperstar is committed to schedule to prepare and work with third party delivery professionals to fulfill all orders.
- Only orders made and fully paid online via our website, www.souperstar.com.sg will be processed.
- A confirmation email sent from Souperstar to the customer's prior specified email address will serve to confirm that the order is accepted. If there are any issues with the order, we will contact the customer as soon as possible.
- Souperstar will prepare the order strictly based on the details provided by our customer at the time of confirming the order.
- Souperstar will schedule the delivery with our third party delivery professionals to fulfill the order strictly based on the details provided by our customer at the time of confirming the order.
- Understandably, Souperstar cannot be held responsible for any losses, or inconvenience whatsoever if the order was unable to be diligently fulfilled due to any inaccurate information provided by the customer.
- Some of our products will be delivered by a third party delivery professional who should be committed to fulfill your confirmed order. Understandably, any inappropriate behavior or service failure displayed by the delivery personnel is not representative of Souperstar’s work ethics. Souperstar will assist our customers to address any of such issues with our respective delivery professional. We will be contactable by firstname.lastname@example.org (Weekdays 10AM-5PM).
- Please do not refresh the page, or click the back button of your browser during the checkout process.
- We strongly encourage our customers to check their orders before submission. An administrative fee of $20 will be imposed for any change, cancellation, or refund for all orders which have been confirmed.
- A gentle reminder to all our dear customers to check that the correct details of your order before selecting the "Submit Order" button.
1. Your personal details, such as your name and contact number.
2. Delivery address.
3. Delivery date and time-slot.
4. The selection of your desired items.
Corporate & Large Orders
- All orders paid via Credit Terms and E-invoice are unable to enjoy promotions offered via this website.
- For large orders which require payment by Credit Terms, E-invoice, or live station events are advised to email your requirement to us at email@example.com. Orders not placed by the self-ordering online are unable to enjoy any exclusive promotions available via our website.
- An admin fee of $20 will be imposed for each additional invoice which was to be sectioned from the original invoice into a separate invoice as separate billing instruction to e.g. another department from the same organizational entity.
- The minimum amount of leadtime for placing an order online (completed order with payment in order) for Island-wide delivery and Pickup is two-calendar day.
- We recommend that customers send in their orders at least 2 working-days and 5 working-days (festive) in advance from the desired day of their order, in case the production threshold has been reached.
- A finite number of meals will be prepared on a daily, first-come-first-serve basis. We regret to turn down orders beyond our threshold to avoid the risk of poorly-fulfilled orders.
- Only orders with clearly entered information and are fully paid on a first-come-first-serve basis will be processed.
- If you fail to receive any confirmation within 48 hours, please do not hesitate to contact our sales team directly through Facebook Messenger.
- Souperstar reserves the right to reject or cancel any order, alter or modify order details to conform to the company’s practices/policies.
- All our products are prepared daily and are intended to be consumed within 3 hours upon receiving.
- We are unable to account for the integrity, taste and texture of any of our products which was to be intentionally consumed after 3 hours upon receiving.
- We accept no liabilities for any order sold from a third-party reseller.
- Customers are encouraged to practice common sense and discretion when it comes to storing it (e.g. refrigeration etc) and reheating (e.g. using a microwave etc).
- All plastic components in our packaging are safe for microwave heating. Customers are advised to remove these plastic components before attempting to put their food through microwave heating.
- Order will not include cutleries, unless specifically stated.
- Payment via bank transfer or debit/credit card (Paypal) shall be upon order confirmation.
Credit Card Payment
- In a credit card transaction, you must use your own credit card. Souperstar not be liable for any credit card fraud. The liability for any fraudulent use of a credit card will be on the user and the onus to prove otherwise shall be exclusively on the user.
- The minimum amount spent for an order to qualify for an island-wide delivery is $50.
- A standard island-wide delivery fee of $8 for door-to-door food delivery service is applicable for each unique delivery address.
- A standard island-wide delivery is extended to most locations within Singapore island. All eligible locations will be identified by our website when customers enter the postal code of the delivery address.
- A standard surcharge of $25 will apply to all delivery addresses within Sentosa island and Tuas/Sungei Kadut area.
- At the moment, we do not deliver to the following area(s): Jurong Island, Airline Road
- Delivery to office/industrial buildings. Customers are required to pick-up their items at the guardhouse/drop-off. Whilst every effort to ensure timely delivery, unforeseen circumstances like strict security controls/act-of-God or traffic/parking restrictions may cause inconvenience to our delivery. We reserve the right to request customers to meet our delivery representative for collection.
- All deliveries will be scheduled for delivery within the selected time slot found within the checkout process. Souperstar and our third party delivery professionals are unable to foresee possible scenarios such as traffic conditions, security clearances (if any) and any unfortunate incidents outside reasonable human control which will affect the punctuality and quality of the delivery.
- All freshly prepared food will be packed and transported in the best possible way from our kitchen to our customers' delivery address.
- Because the delivery process will inevitably involve handling, transportation and time, we are understandably unable to guarantee that the received products will look exactly the same as published on any media, or retain its original warmness.
- Upon arriving at the delivery address, delivery drivers will contact the customer with the contact number(s) provided. To avoid fulfilment and communication woes, customers are advised to maintain access to their mobile phones.
- In the event that any delivery is unable to be fulfilled at the specified address given by the customer due to any reason (e.g. unable to contact customer or the assigned receiver, no show, no entry to premise etc), the assigned delivery personnel will only wait for a maximum of ten minutes at the delivery location. Any extra costs incurred from either the extended waiting time or have the delivery rescheduled within the same hour; must be paid directly to the delivery personnel. In all of the above scenarios, all delivery orders have to abide to food safety standards and be disposed with understandably, no compensation or refund to the customer.
Delivery by Food Delivery Partners
- Some food items delivered to our customers are fulfilled by drivers employed by our food delivery partners and originate from our premises (delivery food shop, food kiosk, cafe, or family restaurant).
- Due diligence on food safety and its integrity are strictly ensured and carried out by our staff in our premises before any food item is promptly packaged and timely prepared for the assigned drivers to collect and to fulfill the delivery.
- Understandably, our company and staff is unable to have full control over the quality of the condition of the delivery vehicle, or the behavior of the assigned driver who was to fulfill the delivery.
- At a basic level of service, we uphold our utmost best to ensure that the order reaches our customers within the reasonable given period of time and in a safe and edible condition.
- We are unable to insist on spot-checking of the condition of the vehicle being used to transport the order. The conditions of these vehicles, which must be maintained by all food delivery partners, include pest control, housekeeping and routine servicing mainly. The responsibility of maintaining the condition and hygiene of these vehicles are undertaken by each respective food delivery partner in order to sustain their license to operate their business.
- We are unable to control the actions, will and professional ethics of the delivery drivers who are employed and trained by all our food delivery partners. These actions may include intentional delays in fulfilling the order, poor attitude and intentional tampering of any packaged food that has left our premises. The responsibility of providing training and maintaining the professional ethics of each driver are undertaken by each respective food delivery partner in order to sustain their license to operate their business.
- Self-Collection shall be made at our Outlets specified.
- No-show - In the event that customers fail to pick up their orders after 2 hours of the stated pickup timing, or at closing time of the outlet, whichever is earlier, we reserve the right to understandably dispose any unclaimed orders with no compensation to the customer.
- No compensation or refund will be made for all no-show incidents.
Mode of Payment | Online Payments using Credit Cards
- We accept online payments via PayPal using Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Debit cards.
- You do not require a PayPal account to be able to make payments using any of the above cards. Payment instructions will be provided during the payment process.
- We accept credit term payment only for legitimate business entities.
- Any promotions offered via our website are exclusively applicable for all completed orders made via our website.
- A fee of $20 will be imposed to make any changes to any order that has been accepted and confirmed.
- We do not store your credit card information longer than it takes to complete the transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is automatically deleted.
Amendment, Cancellation & Refund*
- Customers are strongly encouraged to check the details of their order such as the date & time of delivery, all contact information as well as the accuracy of the ordered items before sending in the much appreciated payment. A $20.00 admin fee will apply to any amendments to such information.
- Souperstar is only responsible for executing orders based on the accuracy of details received, and for orders which were accepted and confirmed by both the customer and Souperstar.
- Amendment - In the event of amendments made within three or less number working days to the fulfilment date. An admin fee of $20.00 is chargeable for any changes made each time with reference to the last updated order.
- Cancellation - In the event of a cancellation made more than three working days to the fulfilment date. A 25% forfeiture on the paid original amount and an admin fee of $20.00 is chargeable. Customer will receive a 75% refund on the paid original amount by the original mode of payment. For credit terms / e-invoice customers, 25% of the invoice value and admin fee of $20 is chargeable.
- Cancellation - In the event of a cancellation made within two - three working days to the fulfilment date. A 50% forfeiture on the paid original amount and an admin fee of $20.00 is chargeable. Customer will receive a 50% refund on the paid original amount by the original mode of payment. For credit terms / e-invoice customers, 50% of the invoice value and admin fee of $20 is chargeable.
- Cancellation - In the event of a cancellation made within 24 hours prior to event date, a 100% forfeiture on the paid original amount is chargeable. No refunds will be made to the customer. For credit terms / e-invoice customers, 100% of the invoice value is chargeable.
- If cancellation is made after order is dispatched, customers will be required to pay the FULL amount of the order and there shall be no refund of any payment received.
- In the event that any delivery is unable to be fulfilled at the specified address given by the customer due to any reason (e.g. unable to contact customer or the assigned receiver, no show, no entry to premise etc), the assigned delivery personnel will wait for a maximum of ten minutes at the location and try to contact the customer before he/she understandably have to leave in order to fulfill other deliveries on time. Extra cost will be incurred and paid in cash directly to the delivery driver for the extra trip back. In all the said situations, all delivery orders have to abide to food safety standards and be disposed with understandably, no compensation or refund to the customer.
- In the event that customers who have opted but have failed to pick up their orders from Souperstar Central Kitchen by the closing time of 9:00PM we reserve the right to understandably dispose any unclaimed orders with no compensation to the customer. As such, no compensation or refund will be made for all no-show incidents.
*Applicable to all orders paid using a credit card, credit terms, or e-invoices.
Souperstar reserves the right to turn down orders for any reason as deemed appropriate by the team. Souperstar reserves the right to terminate the services or part thereof, with or without cause at any time. We shall not be liable for any damages, losses, cost or expenses howsoever caused by arising out of termination of any part of the services, to you or any other individual.
This termination may apply to the voiding of the sale of all products on Souperstar, regardless of whether payment has been made (in which case the payment shall be refunded to the customer or the issue resolved on a case-by-case basis). The cancelling, blocking or denying of a sale or purchase can be effectuated in the event of suspected fraud, hacking or technical or server complications.
Personal data, governed under the Personal Data Protection Act in Singapore (PDPA) refers to data about an individual who can be identified from either that particular data, or from that data or other information which we have or likely have access to. Personal data is collected where reasonably necessary for our functions and activities. Whenever possible, we will collect personal data directly from you, with your consent. Other non-personal data may be collected to improve our website, for marketing reasons, and they may include your IP address, the internet browser you use, details of interaction with our website and other types of non-personal data. Personal data that we may hold include, but is not limited to the following:
- Name, username, profile images, address and contact details;
2. Date of birth;
3. NRIC number, FIN number, driver's license, passport number, or work permit number;
4. Employment and income details;
5. Bank account details, or payment/billing information;
6. Details of an entity's dealings with us, including telephone records, email and online interactions;
7. Credit-related personal information;
8. Other personal data as may be provided by an entity from time to time.
Use of Personal Data
We collect personal data from our existing and prospective users, business associates and employees for various reasons. Without limitation, these purposes include:
- General business purposes;
2. Planning and executing marketing campaigns;
3. Providing customer support;
4. Supplying you with relevant information to your existing relationship with us;
5. For fraud prevention and detection;
6. In our sole discretion, in exceptional circumstances such as national emergency, security concerns, or other situations in which we deem that such disclosure is prudent.
7. Contacting you via electronic mail or other forms of communication through mobile applications.
8. Fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, or as required by the relevant laws.
Storage & Sharing of Personal Data
In the course of providing our services and products to you, we may need to store, or disclose your personal data to third party platform, or service providers such as an e-commerce platform, electronic database, delivery companies and their drivers. Should any of our businesses are sold or transferred to another entity, your personal data may be transferred along with the business. We will retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary in order to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, or as required by the relevant laws. We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
Security of Data
We will exercise reasonable protection over all collected data. While the transference of electronic data over the internet has inherent risks, we strive to take reasonable precautions to ensure that your personal data is not subjected to unnecessary risks.
Cookies are small files which web applications to respond to the user as an individual by tailoring the web application's operations to the user's specific needs and preferences by collecting and analyzing data about the user's browsing patterns. Cookies will only start to perform their functions after permission is granted by the user to be installed on a computer's hard drive.
Although permission for cookies is granted by default in most web browsers, users may choose to disable, or not grant them permission; which may prevent users themselves from taking full advantage of our website. Traffic log cookies to identify which web pages are accessed by the user may be used. The data gathered is used only for statistical purposes and to improve the users' browsing experience on our website. Such data will be removed from our database shortly after. Cookies do not grant us any access into your computer, or any information about you outside your browsing activity on our website.
Age of Consent
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
Use of the Site & Products
You must not: (a) attempt to change, add to, remove, deface, hack or otherwise interfere with the Site or any material or content displayed on the Site; (b) distribute, modify, copy, publish, transmit, display, sell, license, use, reuse or create similar products of any of the contents of or material displayed on the Site for any public or commercial purpose without our written consent; and/or (c) access or use the Site in any way that could or is intended to damage or impair the Site, or any server or network underlying the Site, or interfere with anyone else's use and enjoyment of the Site.
Accuracy of Content
While we may use reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on this Site, we make no warranties or representations as to its accuracy, timeliness or completeness. The information may contain typographical errors, pricing errors, and other errors or inaccuracies, it will be corrected as soon as practicable. We reserve the right to: (i) revoke any stated offer; (ii) correct any errors, inaccuracies or omission; and (iii) make changes to prices, content, promotion offers, product descriptions or specifications, or other information without obligation to issue any notice of such changes (including after an order has been submitted, acknowledged, shipped or received). We also reserve the right to limit quantities (including after an order has been submitted and/or acknowledged) and to revise, suspend or terminate an event, promotion at any time without notice. The inclusion of any products or services on this Site at a particular time does not guarantee that the products or services will be available. We reserve the right to adjust and/or restrict the amount of information that you are entitled to view on the Site.
All visuals shown are for illustration purposes.
Intellectual Property Rights
All content included on this Site, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio/video clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the property of Souperstar (S) Pte Ltd and/or its content suppliers and is protected by Singapore and international copyright laws and/or other laws. The compilation of all content on this Site is the exclusive property of Souperstar (S) Pte Ltd and protected by Singapore and international copyright laws and/or other laws. None of the content may be copied, reproduced, retransmitted, distributed, disseminated, sold, published, broadcasted or circulated whether in whole or in part, unless expressly permitted by us and/or our suppliers, as the case may be.
Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark displayed on the Site without our written permission. Misuse of any trademarks or any other content displayed on the Site is prohibited.
We will not hesitate to take legal action against any unauthorised use of any trademarks, name or symbols displayed on the Site to preserve and protect the rights in them. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. Other product and company names mentioned herein may also be the trade marks of their respective owners.
Links to the Site
You may not create a link to any page of the Site without our prior written consent. If you do create a link to a page of the Site, you do so at your own risk and the exclusions and limitations set out herein will apply to your use of the Site by linking to it.
Links from the Site
Souperstar or third-party sites may provide links to other websites or resources. Because Souperstar has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that Souperstar is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that Souperstar shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
Disclaimer and Exclusion of Liability
General. This Site, the services provided hereunder, the information on this Site and use of all related facilities are provided on an "as is, as available" basis without any warranties whether express or implied.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we disclaim all representations and warranties relating to this Site and its content, including in relation to any inaccuracies or omissions on this Site, warranties of merchantability, quality, fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy, availability, non-infringement or implied warranties from course of dealing or usage of trade.
Souperstar does not warrant that the Site will always be accessible, uninterrupted, timely, secure, error free or free from computer virus or other invasive or damaging code or that the Site will not be affected by any acts of God or other force majeure events, including inability to obtain or shortage of necessary materials, equipment facilities, power or telecommunications, lack of telecommunications equipment or facilities and failure of information technology or telecommunications equipment or facilities.
SOUPERSTAR SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, RESULTING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH THE SERVICES OR RESULTING FROM UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OUR ALTERATION OR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA INCLUDING ANY INFORMATION ON YOUR BILLS, EMAILS, STATEMENTS AND OTHER DOCUMENTS AS DISPLAYED ON THE SITE, INCLUDING BUT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLES, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Souperstar shall not be liable for any failure to perform any of our obligations under these T&C if such failure is the result of circumstances outside our control including but not limited to the outbreak of war, any governmental act, explosion, accident, civil commotion, riot, industrial dispute, strike, lockout, stoppages or restraint of labour from whatever cause, whether partial or general, weather conditions, traffic congestion, mechanical breakdown, obstruction of any public or private road or highway or any other force majeure, fire, flood or any other act of God. We also do not assume any liability for harassing, offensive, defamatory or obscene material distributed through Souperstar accounts, nor do we assume liability for information which may be in violation of the third party's intellectual property or other rights.
The above exclusions and limitations apply only to the extent permitted by law. None of your statutory rights as a consumer that cannot be excluded or limited are affected.
Notwithstanding our efforts to ensure that our system is secure, you acknowledge that all electronic data transfers are potentially susceptible to interception by others. We cannot, and do not, warrant that data transfers pursuant to this Site, or electronic mail transmitted to and from us, will not be monitored or read by others.
Software. Although we use reasonable endeavours to ensure that any software made available on this Site is suitable for downloading, installation and use by third parties, all such software is provided "as is" without any warranty. Specifically, and without limitation, we do not warrant that any such software is virus free, without defects, compatible with other software or operating systems or suitable for any specific purpose. We accept no liability for any loss or damage caused by the downloading, installation or use of any such software, and the general exclusions and limitations above apply to such downloading, installation or use.
International Use. We make no representation that information on this Site is appropriate or available for use outside Singapore. Those who choose to access this Site from outside Singapore do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
Indemnity. By using this Site, you agree to indemnify and hold Souperstar (and its officers, directors, employees, agents, subsidiaries, affiliates and joint ventures) (each an "Indemnified Person") harmless from any claim or demand, action, suit or proceeding brought or threatened to be brought against any Indemnified Person which is caused by or arising out of (i) your access and/or use of the Site, (ii) your and any other party's access to this Site using your Souperstar username and/or password, and/or (iii) your breach of any of these T&C , and to pay such Indemnified Person damages, costs and interest in connection with such claim, demand, action, suit or proceeding.
For any other questions or enquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org